This is an elected Board position to the Powerhouse Theatrical Society’s Board of Directors.
2 Skill Set:
The VP of Productions should have:
- a working knowledge of the requirements for producing a show, both the technical and administrative aspects.
- previous directing experience.
- experience with Powerhouse Theatre Policies, Procedures and By-laws.
They should possess the following characteristics:
- good people skills
- resourceful problem solver
- team leader
- Attend Board and General Meetings and present reports.
- Deputize or serve for President as required.
- Represent the Society to the Community with regard to standards, reputation and growth.
4 Per Production:
- Order production scripts.
- Obtain production rights with authors or publishers.
- Ensure that all royalties are paid when required.
- Read scripts chosen by the artistic committee for the upcoming season.
- Seek producers if required.
- Discuss plays, production dates and rehearsal schedules with potential directors.
- Finalize production dates and present to the Board for approval.
- Attend auditions as required.
- Attend rehearsals occasionally, especially nearing production.
- Provide directorial assistance and advice if necessary.
- Assist in finding resolutions to situations that may occur during each production.
- Represent Board to all production cast and crew, in regard to club values, procedures and artistic vision.
- Organize and mediate post mortem of all productions and submit written reports to the Board.
- Coordinate with Rentals Manager
- Coordinate with lighting and sound managers regarding the artistic vision for future productions.
- Coordinate with VP Facilities in the acquisition and maintenance of sound and lighting equipment.
5 Liaise as Needed With:
- Props room manager
- Costumes manager
- Rental manager
- Lighting manager
- Sound manager
There is to be no disposal or sale of any asset of Powerhouse Theatrical Society, without the express permission of a department head or director. There are no exceptions to this policy. This includes but is not limited to props, sound equipment, lighting equipment, tools or costumes.